Asparagus Goat Cheese Omelet


Wednesday was a holiday and I don't work on Friday during the summer and I took Thursday off, so I am in the midst of a blissfully long weekend.

Taking full advantage, I had my parents over for brunch this morning. We had such a lovely time catching up and they came bearing delicious berries and a beautiful bunch of flowers. Thanks Mom & Dad!

I served the omelets with the berries and a tea blend from Souvia Tea, a great little local tea store that sells more tea blends than I could have imagined. This one is my favorite. It's aptly named Afternoon Delight as it is a delightful blend of black and green teas with orange peel, lemon, cinnamon and ginger.

Asparagus Goat Cheese Omelet:
(makes 2 omelets)

2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
Glug of cream, milk or half and half (about 1/4 c)
1/4 c goat cheese
1 lb asparagus tips, cut into pieces
1 tbs fresh chives, snipped into small pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive oil as needed

Directions:
Saute asparagus in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat and reserve.

Mix eggs and milk/cream with a whisk. Heat a saute pan, add olive oil and pour half of the egg mixture into pan. It should be a thin layer. Allow to cook until firm on the bottom. Add half the goat cheese in little chunks, then the asparagus and a pinch of chives. Fold one half over the other, season with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm while you make the second omelet. Slice and serve, tossing a few more chives on for garnish.

Comments