Quail Egg Deviled Eggs


I love deviled eggs - they are the perfect retro appetizer. So, when I brought home a little carton of quail eggs and had nothing to make with them but adored their cuteness, I finally just used them to make mini deviled eggs. Mini like an inch long and half an inch wide kind of mini.

Wow are these little guys cute. I mean squealing in my kitchen kind of cute! And they tasted delicious - no different to me than chicken eggs - but delicious. I will be serving these at every cocktail party I host this season.

Anyone have any other uses for quail eggs?

Quail Egg Deviled Eggs:
(makes 20 halves)

10 quail egss
2 tbs mayo (I used light mayo)
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 tsp (or more) spice seasoning such as Penzey's Old World blend (a concoction featuring paprika, salt, sugar, pepper, celery salt, garlic and onion)
Dried dill (or fresh) for garnish
Finely chopped shallot for garnish (optional)

Directions:
Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain and let cool. Peel, cut in half, carefully remove yolks and mix with remaining ingredients (except garnish). Place yolk mixture in a plastic sandwich bag (or piping bag), cut off tip and pipe back into egg whites. Top with garnish and serve.

Look how little they are compared with the glass of wine!

Comments