Brie, Prosciutto & Sage-Stuffed Chicken Breasts


There is simply no excuse for the looonnggg delay since my last recipe except that I have not been cooking. Trader Joe's pre-made lunches, granola bars and coffee for breakfast and who knows what for dinner.

I did go on a girls weekend last weekend and made tomato soup and super-decadent macaroni and cheese, but mostly it's been old favorites, take-out and my very-great boyfriend cooking dinner.

My new job is all at the same time overwhelming and amazing. My net takeaway most days is why haven't I always been in this industry...coupled with thoughts of how in the world I'll get all the work done by deadline!?! Exciting and a great challenge!

It felt SO good to cook dinner tonight...like sleeping in your bed after a few weeks on the road.

Simple, amazingly delicious and fast, this is a must-make (and repeat) dinner.

Brie, Prosciutto & Sage-Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
(serves 4)

4 small or 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-6 oz triple-creme brie, very cold and sliced into 4 thin slices
8 thin slices prosciutto (roughly the size of a small piece of bacon)
8 leaves sage
4 tbs flour
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
1/3 c dry white wine

Directions:
Cut breasts into 4 similar pieces, cut a pocket into chicken, being careful not to slice through.

Stuff with prosciutto, cheese and sage leaves. Salt and pepper liberally, dust with flour and then brown on all sides in a hot saute pan with olive oil. While sauteing, heat oven to 350. Once seared on all sides, deglaze pan with wine, then place entire pan in oven to finish (10-15 minutes, test for doneness, careful not to overcook as it will dry out chicken). Serve right away - I served with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.

Comments