kai dao song krueng : fancy fried-eggs thai style


Kai Dao Song Krueng : Fancy Fried-Eggs Thai Style

I always like cooking eggs. This recipe is my favourite dish when I was in “high school” – I was in the top 10 best schools in Bangkok (in Thailand) and I am always proud of it.
At my school’s canteen – there were loads of food (Japanese, Fast Food, Thai and Noodles) I always liked to order “Kai Dao Song Krueng” almost everyday or at least 3 times a week for 6 years when I was in there.

At times, I like to cook it at home as it reminds me of my old time with mates at school – happy days I had.

Find below a recipe of “Kai Dao Song Krueng”

3-4 Fresh Organic Eggs (Duck or Chicken – depends on your liking)
1 Cup of minced pork
½ Cup of Tomato, diced
½ Cup of Onion, diced

½ Cup of Cooking Oil
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil

½ Cup of Spring Onion, chopped
½ Cup of Coriander, chopped

Lime & Chillie Spicy Sauce
3-4 of Red & Green Chillie, chopped
2-3 of Red Shallotte, thinly sliced
4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon of Light Brown Sugar
(Add everything into a mixing blow – stir gently to combine well)



Preparation

• Heat a wok over high-heat
• Add Cooking Oil, wait till hot
• Fry the Eggs to your liking (well-done or half-cooked – I like to keep the York oozy)
• Remove and keep one side

• Heat a pan over medium-heat
• Add olive oil, wait till hot
• Add Onion, fry till becoming soft
• Add minced pork, stir & break too them till cooked
• Add tomatoes, keep stirring for 3-4 mins
• Remove and keep one side

• Place the fried-eggs on the serving plate
• Add the fried minced pork with onion and tomatoes on top of the fried-eggs
• Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and coriander
• Serve with a cup of “chillie & lime sauce” & steamed whole-grain rice

Comments