Prosciutto Arugula Salad


The weather is warm, swimsuit season is fully upon us here in Arizona, and today I prepped all day for a Mother's Day dinner. But along the way, I needed to eat, and this light salad - which could serve as a first or light main course - was perfect. I also served it as a first course for Brian and I for dinner last night. It's definitely that good.

Smoky, fresh, tangy...delicious!

For my mother's day dinner I served:
* Cheese, crackers, grapes, Sauvignon Blanc
* Giant mixed greens salads with yellow peppers, grape tomatoes, raspberry vinaigrette
* Thai peanut marinated shrimp and chicken skewered and grilled
* French bread and butter
* Vanilla yogurt and fresh strawberry & blueberry parfaits

Happy Mother's Day all!

Prosciutto Arugula Salad:
(serves as many as needed
)
Sliced prosciutto
Baby arugula
Lemons, halved for juicing
Olive oil (good quality)
Salt & Pepper
Parmesan cheese for shaving over salad

Directions:
Lay out prosciutto slices on a plate, top with mound of arugula. Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally over top of salad. Drizzle with oil and fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Shave Parmesan cheese over top. Serve.

Comments