pak ka-nah phad moo krob: stir-fried baby chinese kale with pork cracking




Stir-fried Baby Chinese Kale with Pork Cracking: Pak Ka-nah Phad Moo Krob

I like cooking & eating Green. I remember when I was in London years ago. It was my first time stay there for longer than a month. (Normally, I visited London 3-4 times a year and stayed 1-2 weeks only.) I missed Thai Stir-fry… I missed Thai Veggies so badly. We ordered Chinese Stir-fry from local take away… and as you know I am quite a fussy person when it comes to food… I will never eat anything that’s too greasy or tasteless…. So, I was not satisfied.

I remember well, then (8-9 years ago) it was in January…. It was freaking cold!! … not many of decent greens to offer… most of the greens were from Israel. Now, things has changed… you can always find good & fresh Asian products from decent supermarkets like Waitrose, Sainsburys or even from those low prices supermarkets like Tesco & ASDA...

Anyway, find below a recipe of Baby Chinese Kale with Pork Cracking.

½ Kilo of Pork Belly with Skin
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled & crushed
5 Cups of Baby Chinese Kale Or Chinese Kale, cleaned & cut
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
5 Cups of Cooking Oil
A pinch of Sea Salt
A pinch of Brown Sugar

Preparation

Sprinkle sea salt over the pork belly
Heat a large saucepan over high heat
Add water, bring to the boiled
Add in the pork belly, boil till cooked through
Remove and keep dried on one side

Heat a wok over high heat
Add cooking oil; wait till the oil become very hot
Add the boiled pork belly, fry & turn till turn golden brown & the skin become very crispy both sides
Remove from the work and keep one side

Heat a saucepan over medium-heat
Add olive oil, wait till becoming hot
Add garlic, fry till aromatic
Add Chinese kale, becareful to not over cooked them
Add Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce & a pinch of brown sugar
Add Cracking and fry very quickly
Turn off the heat
Remove into a serving plate
Serve hot with a cup of steamed rice

Comments