Dtom Yam Pla Sai Woonsen : Thai Hot & Sour Seabass Soup with Vermicelli



Dtom Yum Pla Sai Woonsen : ก๋วยเตี๋ยวต้มยำปลาใส่วุ้นเส้น
 
Last month was a very hectic month for me. I was kept so busy with work and many things. I didn’t have time of my own at all. I was running around doing many things. Honestly, I have to say that I feel old this year. I feel like everything has changed. (People, who I had known for years, passed away. Kids have grown up, and good friends are now somewhere far away.) Life seems to be changed , stranger and tougher.
Last weekend, I just had time of my own for 2 days.. I decided to cook something at home as I ate out for a whole month and I miss cooking to bits. I went food shopping and found this fresh “Seabass”. Hence, this recipe of “Dtom Yum Pla”
This “Dtom Yum Soup with Vermicelli” is easy to cook & very delicious. 

Find below my recipe,

300-400 G. Fresh Seabass Fillet, thickly sliced.
2 Organic Lemon Grass, crushed and thickly sliced.
2-3 Organic Kaffir Lime Leaves, shredded.
3 Organic Red Chilies, crushed and roughly sliced.
A Handful of Organic Mushrooms. cleaned.
3-4 Cups of Chicken Stock
2-3 Tablespoons of Sweet Roasted Chili Paste
2-2 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce (Premium Quality is preferred.)
3 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
100 G. Vermicelli (Unbleached), soaked & cut.
Fresh Organic Spring Onion, Coriander Leaves & Thai Long Leave Parsley, roughly chopped.




Preparation

Set a large saucepan with water over high heat. Bring water to a boil, when it’s boiling, add vermicelli and mushroom. Leave to cook for a few minutes. Drain and keep warm one side.
Set the chicken stock over medium-high heat. Add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves & chili, wait till the soup is boiling & aromatic. Add fish fillet (Leave too cook for a few minutes. Do not stir – you don’t want a fishy smelly soup.) and then wait till the soup is back to a boil again. Then add fish sauce, and sweet roasted chili paste. Lastly, add lime juice. Taste if more seasoning is needed. Turn off the heat.
Arrange pre-cooked vermicelli & pre-cooked mushrooms in a serving cup. Pour the soup on top and sprinkle with fresh spring onion, coriander leaves and long leave parsley.

Serve: 2

Comments