spaghetti aglio olio e pepercino

Spaghetti AOP with Shimeji Mushroom.

As I mentioned in my last post that this month is a month of pasta. Therefore, I will post only pasta recipes. (I know that some of you prefer to read only Thai recipes in my blog but, at times, I am bored. I need distraction. Please, bear with me.)

Anyway, to me, Spaghetti AOP (Aglio Olio e Pepercino) is way too easy. I seriously think that it doesn't require any skills. Any (grown-up) one could be able to cook it. I personally like to cook it when I feel very lazy and I want a meal ready in 5 to 10 minutes. If you want to cook to impress someone with less effort this dish is the dish. All you have to do is to add "Mushroom" and/or "Shrimp". I choose "Shimeji" Mushroom because I like the way it presents itself on the plate. I really think this mushroom looks very clean, elegant and tasteful.

Find below my recipe which is inspired & combined by a few recipes from "The Silver Spoon - Pasta" Cookbook.

1 pound of dried Spaghetti or Capellini (Any kind of pasta that you like but I prefer long form pasta for this recipe.) 
1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Use the best quality that you could afford.)
1-2 tablespoons of organic Garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh organic Red Chili, chopped & de-seeded (You can always use dried chili flakes.)
1 cup of Shimeji Mushroom, cleaned
Sea Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper 

For Garnish 
Fresh flat-leaf Parsley, roughly chopped 
Grated (Parmigiano-Reggiano) Parmesan Cheese (Optional)

Preparation

Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add plenty of salt. Add pasta, cook till al dente. Drain and return to the pot.

Set a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add garlic and red chili and cook till garlic is lightly browned. Add mushroom, sauté for a few minutes. Add a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Add cooked pasta and toss. Taste if more seasoning is needed. Sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley, stir to mix well. Remove into serving plates. Sprinkle, if you like, with some grated parmigiano reggiano cheese (Some people like it plain without cheese.) Serve immediately.

Serve : 4-6

Comments