tomato relish


Tomato Relish : น้ำพริกแจ๋วมะเขือเทศ (ทานกับข้าวกล้อง ผักต้ม และปลาทอด)

Mid of August, I started a new job (yep, I know "again"). The new job looks everything that I ever want. When I started working 10 days ago, the reality hit me hard... I mean I have found out that I am not as good as I think I am. The new job is very challenging but.. for some reason I can't bring out the best in me... I guess I feel intimidated by my new bosses who are younger than me and I think they are "smarter" than me. I can't be myself there... I feel smothered and feel like I have to please everyone (which I hate) and I have to keep up all the time (This I like). Despite the fact that I am totally crap at my new job, I have learnt loads in the past 10 days. Its not bad but its the most exhausting job I have ever had... Oh well enough of babbling.

Today is my day-off. I need to cook something to put myself at ease. I went to the supermarket and found these tiny cute little organic tomatoes. Hence the recipe 

3 organic medium tomatoes ( 10 for small tomatoes), roasted
6 medium red chilies, roasted
3 dried red chillies, roasted
3 medium shallots , roasted
2 cloves garlic, roasted
Fish Sauce
Lime Juice
Tamarind Paste

Garnish
Steamed or fried fillet of fish (to your liking)
Hard boiled eggs, halved
Fresh organic vegetables (to your liking)
Boiled organic vegetables (to your liking)

Preparation
Roughly chop tomatoes, red chilies, shallots and garlic and transfer to a mortar and pestle. Pound to a rough paste. Stir in fish sauce, lime juice, tamarind paste. Taste if more seasoning is needed. Remove into a small serving bowl. Serve with steamed wholegrain rice, boiled egg, fried fish and mixed vegetable. Delicious! 

Comments