Lemon and Ricotta Pancakes

In my opinion, nothing beats a big breakfast of pancakes on a Sunday morning. Since I want to make pancakes all the time, I also always want to try out new ways of making them. This time it was lemon and ricotta with raspberries. My new favorite.


These pancakes had the perfect balance between the sweetness of the pancake and the sour lemon. They were light and fluffy, and I just wish I had more!



Lemon and Ricotta Pancakes


Serves 4

1 Cup plain flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 Cup ricotta
2 eggs
1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.

2. In another bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Fold this into the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.

3. Heat a fry pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil and use butter. Add 1/3 cup of batter per pancake, cooking each pancake for about two minutes on each side.

3. Serve topped with berries and strawberry sauce, lemon curd, or maple syrup.

Comments