S'mores Brownies

Chocolate Brownies and S'mores. Two delicious sweet treats. Combine the two and you have dessert perfection. 




It's already time again for the next installment of the Freaky Friday Blog Hop - this time it's the winter edition (well, for everyone except me in all my summery sunshine!). 


This time I was excited to be assigned to Honey and Birch. The reason for my excitement? My absolutely favorite recipe in the world, which I make multiple times a month, is from this awesome blog! That recipe is this super easy, super delicious One Pot Spicy Sausage Skillet. Seriously, you NEED to make this. This blog is run by Jenny, a self taught cook who was certainly taught herself extremely well!


Let me tell you, I had such a difficult time picking a recipe. I couldn't well make the pasta as I make it so often that it wouldn't be "new". I was tempted to make a very similar, and equally as delicious looking, pasta; the Cheesy Tomato Pasta Skillet. But then I found Salted Chocolate Granola, Apple Cake Sundae, Chili Mac, and S'mores Brownies to just complicate matters further. Since I'm such a sucker for brownies I was right into the S'more brownie recipe!


These brownies are just amazing! Everything you love about a chocolate brownie with the added deliciousness of chocolate and marshmallow.


These brownies keep really well when stored in an airtight container and taste super fresh days after baking. 

S'mores Brownies


Makes approximately 18

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
½ cup unsalted butter
1½ cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups of mini marshmallows (or large marshmallows, each cut into 4 pieces)
½ cup plain biscuits, roughly broken into chunks

1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and grease and flour a pan (either 9x9 inch square or 11x7 inch rectangle.) I also line the base with baking paper to make the brownies extra easy to remove.

2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the chocolate until smooth. 

3. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in the flour until just blended. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Use a butter knife to smooth down.

4. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven. Spread the biscuit chunks evenly over the brownies. Spread the marshmallows over the top of the biscuits and return to oven. 

5. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the brownie is cooked and the marshmallows toasted. Check the brownies with a toothpick until the center comes clear.

6. Cool completely before cutting into squares.




Comments