Krab Salad with Lemon and Green Onions

Here's a really refreshing summer appetizer that my mom taught me when I was a kid.  I believe she learned it from another mom at my elementary school.

Ingredients:

.8 lbs (two .4lb packs) artificial crab (Krab)
5-6 green onions
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 5-7 small lemons)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Slice the green onions very thinly, and then chop them so they are in small pieces.  Put in medium bowl.
2. Cut the Krab into tiny pieces.  (Do not use a food processor, or the Krab will just become a paste.)  Add to bowl on top of onions.
3. Add lemon juice and fold into Krab and onion mixture.
4. Add mayonnaise and fold into Krab and onion mixture.
5. Add pepper to taste and stir entire mixture.
6. Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.

Serve with crackers or on a green salad.



Comments