Aunt Bee's Three Meat Chili

I recently saw a post Aunt Bee's Recipes put together for Rocket City Mom: Tailgating Recipes with Aunt Bee. This is a fantastic collection of football season foods, and definitely worth a read. Everything she included looked fantastic, but the thing that immediately caught my eye was Three Meat Chili. Even just the name sounds amazing.


I clicked through to Aunt Bee's blog straight away and checked out the recipe. It seemed straightforward to make, and had a great combination of ingredients. So with a few minor alterations (based on the ingredients I had) I got right to making this chili.




It was amazing. I think this is THE most delicious chili recipe I have ever tried. I was so happy when the recipe made way more food that just myself and my honey could get though. Aunt Bee is 100 % correct in saying that it tastes even better the next day.


I just chucked all the ingredients in a slow cooker, and left it to do it's thing on low for 8 hours. Nice and easy.

Aunt Bee's Three Meat Chili


Serves 4- 6

Adapted from Aunt Bee's Recipes

60 g (2 oz) Bacon, chopped
500 g (18 oz) ground beef
250 g (9 oz) chicken sausages, casing removed and crumbled
1 (15 oz) can mild chili beans
1 (15 oz) can spicy chili beans
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 Jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
2 Cups low sodium beef stock
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sriracha sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp white sugar

1. In a fry pan, fry chopped bacon until crispy (or grill in the oven).

2. Place everything in a slow cooker or crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve in nice big bowls.

If you like this, you'll LOVE Aunt Bee's Recipes so be sure to follow her on social media:
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter

Comments